Thursday, April 30, 2009

It's a .......

We went to the doctor today to have our complete ultrasound done. Our appointment was at 8:00 so that Jason could come too. They said that almost everything looked great. The only concern was that they could not find everything that they needed to on the heart. They are not sure if it's just that they couldn't see it on this ultrasound machine, or if it is just not there, so they are having us have another ultrasound in 2 weeks with a perinatologist that comes to EIRMC once a week from Utah. They are hoping that the added two weeks and having the ultrasound done with a high risk doctor and a higher tech ultrasound machine that they will be able to see what they need to and that there will be nothing wrong. So now we have to wait an excruciating two weeks to find out for sure. They said, worse case scenario is that we may be having the baby in Utah so that it can be operated on if it is needed. I will update more after the appointment. Now on to the good news.

We are having a .........















BOY! Jason is very excited to be getting a little boy. Plus the fact that it makes him right. He has said from the very beginning that it was a boy, but I think that most of it was he stubbornness to admit that it could possibly be a girl. But it is going to be really cool because I have a nephew that is about 17 months and another that is due in about a month so he will have lots of boy cousins to play with. They also said that the original due date stands so if he comes on that day he will be a 9/11 baby!


Here is the profile.


Part Alien? (Notice the Spock hand gesture.)


I was debating on whether or not to post one of these ones, but Jason said I had to, so here is the proof. All boy!
On another note last night, (May 3rd), Jason felt the baby move for the first time. Jason had his hand on my belly while we were watching TV, the baby did a few kicks and then a somersault. Jason only felt the somersault, but was still really excited.

3 comments:

Brandy said...

YAY for boys!!! You've been around them all of your life, so nothing new for you, right? How exciting. I think boys are a joy to raise!
I'll be anxiously awaiting news about the next ultrasound. I'm sure that all will be well, but I will keep you and baby in my prayers.
Lots of love!

Brandi said...

all i can say is, "live long and prosper"!! congrats again you two!

Tate, MeriBeth, Presdee & Margie said...

Hi kendra COngrats! That is so exciting! Being amom is so fun!