Monday, May 18, 2009

Mother's Day!

So this is a little late but we have had sort of a stressful week so I think I'm allowed, but more on that later. The Saturday before mother's day we headed for Utah. We left at like 9:30, 10:00 in the morning because we had been looking at some used camping trailer's online that were for sell in Utah. We decided that the first one we would see in person was the one that was the furthest away, so on to Orem we went. We called the owner when we were an hour away to make sure that they were and would be home. They said they would and we got to their house at 2:30. We looked at the trailer and decided that we did like it in person as well and ended up buying it on the spot. Oh yea, I forgot to mention that the trailer is my Mother's Day present, don't I have the bestest husband ever! Thanks Jason! So after waiting for them to clean it out and having to buy a bigger ball for out hitch we were back on the road again by 3:30/4:00. Then it was a SLOW drive to Bear Lake where we were staying the night with Jason's family at the time share. We finally got there at about 7:00. For those of you who don't want to do the math that it almost NINE hours in a car. Pregnant. Needless to say I was pretty sore by the time we got there, and ended up taking a bath so that I could walk. But other than that we had lots of fun and enjoyed being with family. Sunday morning we got up and went down to the lake, then we went back to the time share and Jason and his dad played some tennis. We ended up leaving at about 12:30 and began the SLOW drive home. Our new/old trailer does handle pretty well but we can only go about 60mph, so on the interstate it feels really slow, especially when you no longer want to be in a car because you hurt and were in a car for about nine hours the day before. We got to our house about 4:30. Then my brother, sister-in-law, and their kids, and my parents came to our house so that we could give my mom her mother's day gift. We visited for a while then everyone left and we just hung out at our house for the rest of the evening. All in all I think it was a good mother's day weekend.


The inside of our trailer.





Here is "Little Blue". That's what Jason has named our trailer.


Jason and his Dad playing tennis at Bear Lake.

No comments: