Thursday, January 08, 2009

CHRISTMAS!

I have been such a slacker. I have been so busy with work that I have totally not kept up with our blog but I will try to play catch up now. Christmas was great! We got to spend lots of time with family even though it didn't feel like it was any longer of a weekend than normal, I got Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and the day after off, Jason only got Christmas Day off so I think that had something to do with the fact that it didn't seem like an extended weekend. Jason got off of work on Wednesday at 7:00 so we didn't do much that night. We clean up our house and I made chocolate chip cookies (which Jason asked for and then only ate ONE!), while he wrapped his presents for me. Then we ate some taco soup and watched a movie. Christmas Day we woke up at 6:00AM! You would think that since we don't have any kids that we could sleep in on Christmas but Jason has none of that, normally we have to get up at like 5:00am, but Jason slept in a little this year. I am such a slacker and didn't take too many pictures. The majority of our pictures are of the dogs, but there are a few that you can at least see us in. At 9:30 we headed out to my brother and sister-in-law's house for mountain men breakfast. It is kind of a tradition, and so good. After breakfast we went to my oldest brother and his wife's house to see what their kids got from Santa. Then we just hung around my parent's house until about noon then it was off to Jason's parent's house. We had lunch with his family (it was delicious) then we hung out there and played games with his sister's and their husbands until about 5:00 then it was back home. Oh I forgot to mention that during all of our driving, especially the morning. It was snowing bad, and they hadn't plowed any of the roads so what normally takes us 15-20 minutes to get to parent's house took us like 45-60 minutes. It was not fun driving. Then after we got home we just vegged and watched some of the new movies that we had gotten. All in all it was a very fun, and tiring day.




Shanyce with Oso's new collar around her waist.


Such a funny dog. This is his "pose" whenever he sees us point the camera at him.

Oso got some rawhide in his stocking and immediately took it outside to eat it in the snow.



These were taken a couple of days before Christmas we had more snow by the time Christmas came. The second one is of the road in front of house. They hadn't plowed it yet and you about had to put you car into four-wheel drive to get to our house!

No comments: