So the night before New Year's Eve we were out watching TV and Asher didn't want to go to sleep, so after fighting with him for like an hour I gave up and he was just out watching TV with us. Well at about 11:30 Jason and I decided that we were ready for bed and Jason headed down the hall. Asher is about half asleep at this point but decides to head after Jason. I'm not sure exactly what happened next, but I heard a loud noise followed crying, I look up and Asher is on all four on the ground by the corner of our wall. I thought he had just banged his head a little, and no big deal. Well Jason got to him first and held him up, I arrived just seconds later to see blood start gushing from his head. I grab him tilt him back and head for the bathroom, I tell Jason I something for his head paper towels, a rag, anything. I rush to the bathroom and start trying to wash away the blood so I can see how bad it is. (Asher is still screaming). Finally I get enough blood out of the way and can see how deep the cut is. I can see skull. Jason finally comes walking down the hall with a washcloth (very slowly, he hasn't realized, what I have, the cut is deep and needs stitches) I tell him that we have to go, and he says "Why?" "Because he needs stitches!" "Are you sure?" (I have a hard time convincing him that my schooling was not wasted, and yes I do know when a person needs stitches, I had the same problem when he needed stitches a few years back.) But finally, kind of reluctantly on Jason part, and very slowly, he gets dressed and starts the car. I hand him Asher and throw on a pair of jeans, sweatshirt, and some shoes, and we are out the door. I didn't dare put him in his seat because I was still needing to put pressure on the wound or it would start bleeding again. We finally arrive at RediCare by the hospital (It's the only one, besides the ER that's open 24/7. They see me coming in with my screaming boy and take us straight back. They confirm to Jason, that yes he will need stitches, and put on the lead stuff to numb him up. While we are waiting Asher finally falls asleep, so the NP is hoping to get stitches in while he sleeps but as soon as the needle touches his head he wakes up screaming again. They quickly give him more numbing and then put in three stitches. (He originally wanted four, but Asher thought three was more than enough) We finally got home at about 1:30 (two hours after the ordeal started) and Asher slept fine. He actually never acted like they hurt after we got home and never really bugged them at all. I gave him a little Tylenol for a couple of days, but he didn't seem to need it so I stopped after just a couple of days. He is such a tough boy, and even slept the entire time I took them out 10 days later! Well here is his first and I'm sure not his last battle wound.

Helping Daddy give the dogs a treat after we got home
He only left the bandage on while he slept that night, it was off first thing the next morning
New Year's Eve with his stitches
These next ones are just a bunch more while he still had his stitches in
T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Pretending he's so innocent
Chicks dig scars!
No comments:
Post a Comment