Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Bella

Macy- So I have decided we must be stray animal magnets. Back in 2008 at our old house, we were out front doing some yard work when we saw a dog coming down the road. She looked lost, and was acting really funny. We got her some water, and she acted like she hadn't drank in a long time. She was pretty tame though, and you could tell that at one point she had been someone's pet. However she was also kind of skiddish, like she had been beat. Anyways we ended up taking her to our backyard so we could try and find her owers. We put up flyers, and everything. No one claimed her. I hate the thought of taking them to the shelter so we kept her for almost a week before finding someone who would talk her. (She was just too big for our little house) She was such a sweetheart though, and I have always felt bad that the people we ended giving her to, didn't keep her. I have always felt guilty about that. Side note- We kept almost calling her Macy, and the couple we originally gave her too, named her Macy.
 She was a very sweet girl
 Just chillin' with Shanyce (We didn't have Oso yet)
But back to now.
Bella- We were at Wal Mart one Saturday. I had gone in by myself because Asher was sleeping. When I came out there was a guy with a little puppy in cart. She was so cute I couldn't help but to ask if I could pet her. Then guy then told me that he had just found he in the parking lot. They had sent an annoucement through the store but no one would claim her. They were not from here and were just passing through, and didn't know what to do with her. Long story short, we ended up taking her over to Pet's Mart where the humane society was. Only they wouldn't take her because they had no way of knowing if she had had her shots, and didn't want to risk getting the rest of the animals they had sick. So we ended up bringing her home, and between us and Jason's sister Manda, and her husband Billy, (She's as big of a sucker when it comes to animals as I am! Thanks again guys!) We traded off keeping her until Manda and Billy found a home for her. We both really fell in love with this little girl, and were very dissapointed that neither of us had room for her. But I'm really glad she was able to find a home, and her new family even had kids! Side note- I had wanted to keep calling her "Bella" but was determind not too, because I didn't want to get more attached. Then I found out that the little girl in family ended up naming her "Bella". Coincidence?
 How could anyone dump such a sweet, cute little girl?
 Jason and the puppy chillin'
 She was such a good girl and I only had to get after her a couple of times before she would go outside by herself when she needed to
 Such a sweet face
 She liked sleeping here a lot
 She loved playing with Oso
 Asher thought she was really cool, except when she scratch him  or nibble on his ear :)
Shanyce didn't like her very much, and would basically just hide down in our bedroom whenever she was here
Ranger- Then not long after we had Bella, I'm talking 1-2 weeks later. We had been playing down in Asher's room one night. When we came out Jason was in the kitchen and said, he thought there was a dog in our yard. I'm thinking "Yea, right" but I go to check anyways, and sure enough, there is a little Jack Russel terrier in our yard. He still had on a chain, and it was wrapped around one of our taller sprinkler heads. We got him untangled and then tried to go for a ride to find his home (or hopefully, just someone just looking for him) nothing. We went back home and then me and the dog went for a walk. After about a half and hour, we were both cold and tired so I decided to let come home for the night. The next day I had called my mom, and she had told me that a couple of days earlier, she had seen a lost ad in the paper with a number. The one seemed to fit the dog so I called. After a couple of hours they called back, it WAS her dog! (He kept breaking his chain, and getting loose. I was lucky that mom had seen the ad. It was actually when she was checking to see if Bella had someone looking for her!) So at least one of our stray stories had a happy reunion. But I hope we don't have another stray story ever, or at least for quite a while. Side note- I'm still not sure how Ranger got into our yard, and I have kept his owners number, just in case! Another side note-When we were coming back from our walk, we were passing our neighbors house, and their little girl who is about 2 is outside with no pants on, her older sister's shoes, no coat, and is with her little puppy. So I get her and the dog, and go up to open door and call inside. I finally get one of the little girls and ask her to get one of her parents. While she is gone one of the older girls comes to the door, and I give her the dog right as the dad comes in. I tell him how I found her, and he goes bright red. He says they have won the parents of the year award and thanks me. I thought it was rather funny, and am just glad that I was able there when I was so she didn't get into too much trouble or her or the puppy hurt.

No comments: