So yesterday at about a quarter to seven in the evening, I was home watching TV and stretching out on our living room floor. Shanyce was laying beside me and Oso was out back. Jason hasn't been getting home until 7:30 or 8:00 because he is just finishing up training a class right now. So anyways back to me at the house so I'm watching TV and all of the sudden I hear Oso bark and then like a flash he comes running through the dog door, almost taking it with him. Now Oso has at least two kinds of barks his friendly bark when he is playing or trying to get someone to play with him, and his scary stranger bark. Well he was doing his scary stranger bark and was acting really weird. He came in and stood between me and the back door and just kept barking, so I stand up and look out back, and finally I see Jason come around the corner of our house laughing! But Oso is still barking at him and does not stop, even when Jason is in full view, until I go and let him in the house. What had happened was Jason had gotten off of work early, but when he got home the wind had blown our gate open, so Jason was just closing it. But it took a while for Oso to realize that someone was in his yard and when he did it scared him and he didn't look to see who it was, he just came inside, away from whoever was there and to protect me. He scared me to death though in the process! We got a good laugh out of it, and it is nice to know that he was standing between me and the "stranger" and not hiding behind me like Shanyce! So I at least have one good guard dog, and one who is all bark! (Oso has been a little jumpy all day today though!)
Thursday, May 07, 2009
My GuArD DoG(s)?!
So yesterday at about a quarter to seven in the evening, I was home watching TV and stretching out on our living room floor. Shanyce was laying beside me and Oso was out back. Jason hasn't been getting home until 7:30 or 8:00 because he is just finishing up training a class right now. So anyways back to me at the house so I'm watching TV and all of the sudden I hear Oso bark and then like a flash he comes running through the dog door, almost taking it with him. Now Oso has at least two kinds of barks his friendly bark when he is playing or trying to get someone to play with him, and his scary stranger bark. Well he was doing his scary stranger bark and was acting really weird. He came in and stood between me and the back door and just kept barking, so I stand up and look out back, and finally I see Jason come around the corner of our house laughing! But Oso is still barking at him and does not stop, even when Jason is in full view, until I go and let him in the house. What had happened was Jason had gotten off of work early, but when he got home the wind had blown our gate open, so Jason was just closing it. But it took a while for Oso to realize that someone was in his yard and when he did it scared him and he didn't look to see who it was, he just came inside, away from whoever was there and to protect me. He scared me to death though in the process! We got a good laugh out of it, and it is nice to know that he was standing between me and the "stranger" and not hiding behind me like Shanyce! So I at least have one good guard dog, and one who is all bark! (Oso has been a little jumpy all day today though!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Kenners,
Just wanted to tell you that we love you. I was thinking about you today and hope to see you, when you come to Utah. If there's anything we can do for you, let us know. Tell Baby James we love him and know how strong he is already!
Luv'
Brandy and Brenda
Post a Comment