Tuesday, June 30, 2009

CAMPING!

WARNING: LOTS OF PICTURES!
This last weekend Jason and I decided to go camping. We were going to go Father's Day weekend, but the weather was nasty so switch to this weekend. It was a lot of fun even though I wish it would have been longer. We left Friday after Jason got off of work and made it up to Birch Creek by about 7:30-8:00. On Saturday after breakfast Jason had to go for a ride to prove that on his new bike he could go places that he couldn't Memorial Day Weekend. When he got back we went for a drive up to Gilmore and looked around the town for a while then went back to camp and hung out by the creek. The dogs played and me and Jason just relaxed. Jason decided to go for another ride that afternoon. Then we ate dinner and sat around the camp fire for a while. Sunday, Jason went for one last ride while, me and the dogs just enjoyed being outside, then it was time to pack up camp and head home. I really wish we could have stayed longer, but we're hoping to sneak in one last camping trip before I have to head to Utah to have this baby. Fingers crossed!


Jason and a view of Birch Creek


Playing in the creek


After I took this picture I looked up and Shanyce had gotten in a swift spot and was stranded. The water had pushed her down stream and she wasn't strong enough to fight back, luckily Jason was there to rescue in no time!


Oso made sure no one snuck up on Jason while he was taking his nap


Sitting around the campfire


While Jason was riding Shanyce decided to go for swim by HERSELF, last year we had to force her to even put her feet in.


Oso waiting for Jason to come back from riding. Both dogs did a lot of sulking whenever he would leave and would keep trying to leave to go find him.


Coming back from riding


Us right before we left (I'm 29 weeks in the picture)


The second day while Jason was riding Shanyce got in the water and got stuck on the tree branches. She started walking down stream which was easy but when she couldn't go down any further, the water was too swift and deep to come back. She tried to come back by walking on the branches but they were too slippery, after I realized she wasn't going to make it around the tree I had to go find and rescue her.

No comments: