Monday, September 13, 2010

~OnE yEaR~

I still can't believe I'm already doing his twelve month post. :( It's kind of sad how fast he is growing, and that he really isn't my baby anymore. He is now my TODDLER! Holy Crap, I don't what else to say, but Holy Crap! Well now having said how fast he is growing I'll give you his 1 year stats. His weight is 18.7 (still really skinny, but I like him like that!), His height is 29, and his Head circumference is 18. He is  about average for head and height, but still on the low end for weight. I'm not sure if there is even any chance that he will be average on weight for at least a while, and it's not that he doesn't eat, because he eats constantly. If you have food around him, you'd better be willing to share! Well I guess know I will put in some of his milestones/things he's doing now.

  • He will walk with his walker that he got for his birthday all over the house, still hasn't figured out how to turn it around so I have to constantly go and turn him around so he can continue to walk. He loves it.
  • He will also walk while only holding one of your hands, even though he doesn't prefer it. And will take a few steps as he is falling toward you.
  • He is a big climber, and is constantly climbing on my couch, ottoman, chair, and fireplace. And if you set him on our bed, he tries to climb over to the night stand.
  • If I leave the patio door open he will be outside in a matter of seconds, and anytime I go near the patio door, he starts whining because he thinks I'm going outside without him.  (He LOVES the outside and always has. I'm really dreading winter. He's not going to like not being able to spend all day outside)
  • He loves playing trucks on our fireplace, and when he's done, he just pushes them all off and leaves. (Him and Daddy play cars a lot when Mom is cooking dinner. His favorite one is the tow truck. He likes that it hooks two together, and is always trying to get some of the others to do the same.)
  • He does not like the word no and bursts into tears, and acts so offended anytime you tell him "no no"
  • He is starting to have a few things with milk in them and, so far, seems to be doing good with them. No more blood
  • He still loves balls, and loves to play "catch" (or roll the ball to him, and he throws it in any direction the minute it touches his hands!)
  • He is a very good kisser (and huger), but will only give kisses on your nose, while doing a tiny bite on the tip of it. And will only do them if he is in the mood.
  • He now sits facing front in the car (Yes I know he is suppose to be 20lbs, but we thought he was, and a week after his birthday Dad turned it around in his truck, and now there is NO going back. He loves being able to see what's going on).
  • He can now "push" the buttons on toys that have them on purpose, when he wants.
  • He is such a big helper and likes to help me sweep (he has his own little broom), mop (he steals it from me), and dust :)
  • He still does not like the vacuum, unless he is being held by Mommy or Daddy
  • He hasn't learned any new signs, (mostly because I get lazy with them) but is still working on a few
  • He loves his baths, and splashing
  • He will occasionally, when he is playing with the home phone, end up calling someone. So far it has either been my mom (he's called her a couple of times), or Julie (he's called her once).He also almost called 911 once, but thanks to mom's cat-like reflexes, I hit the end button right after he hit send, so it didn't ring. Whew! Silly boy!
  • He is no longer getting OT. He graduated from it the Monday after his birthday! We will miss seeing Andrea every week, but wish her lots of luck in Alaska!
  • He loves to put one thing inside something else and shake until the one inside comes out. (He thinks he is quite hilarious when he does this, and will get to the point that he can hardly breath because he's laughing so hard) His favorite is to put his teethers in a plastic cylinder container (that some drink mixes came in) and shake!
  • He still loves playing in water, and everytime he goes outside, he has to play with the hose
That is all I can think of right now. You are growing so fast, and as excited as I am to see what the future holds, I wish you slow down a little! We love you so much! Love Mom and Dad

1 comment:

jackson9932 said...

you forgot to say that he knows how to use your cell phone to call grandma and julie!