Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Let's Par-Tay!!!

Because we were so busy on Saturday, we decided to have his birthday party with all the extended family on Sunday (grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, and great-grandma/pa's) It was a fun little party, and Asher was spoiled rotten! He sure has lots of people who love him! The party started at 5:00ish. We opened presents first, and then had either, cheesecake, cupcakes, or Winnie the Pooh cake, and ice cream. Asher did very well during the party, and was a lot better than I was thinking he was going to be. He had only taken one nap the whole day and had been woken up after only about a half an hour, then he was almost asleep at about 4:00 when our home teacher made a surprise visit and woke him up. (Which I still wasn't quite ready when he showed up, and he didn't want to leave! I finally had to just excuse myself to finish getting ready, while him and Jason visited. He really is a very nice guy and I felt bad, but I was running out of time, and people were already beginning to show up!) But it turned out great, and Asher wasn't NEARLY as grumpy as I thought he was going to be. Thank you to everyone who came, and for all the presents! Asher is in heaven!
Opening presents
He got lots of cute new clothes
Sorry some of these are a little blurry, our camera battery decided to start dieing, which means blurry pictures
Checkin' out some of his new toys
Trying to play with them while they are still in the boxes
Reading one of his new books to Mom
Getting ready to sing "Happy Birthday"
Asher and his cake
Winnie the Pooh and Asher
The Cake! 
(That I don't think I will ever do again! It took forever to frosting!)
Digging into his cupcake
He really isn't that messy of an eater
Someone else's flash was going off at the same time but this is the only picture I have of him doing this.
He took two big handfuls of his cupcake at first, but wouldn't eat them, instead he would bend over and take a bite out of the cupcake with his mouth!
Mtha Ahh!
(The noise he makes after each bite he takes!)
Playing with his new toys, out of the wrappers
Colton, Mindy, Ally, Great G-ma Pincock, G-ma James, and G-pa James
Koden, G-pa Jackson, G-ma Jackson, Kiaron, Julie, Jaden, Charlee
Great G-ma, and G-pa Jorgenson
Our Family
Sitting in his new camping chair!
Shanyce and Oso got their own cupcakes too!
They really enjoyed them too!

No comments: