Wednesday, April 25, 2012

First Loose Tooth!

No it shouldn't have been loose, and yes he is really young to already be missing a baby tooth. But back in October when we were camping up at Salmon, the day before we came home, Jason was carrying Asher out of my parent's trailer when one of their stairs buckled, and they both fell. Asher hit his tooth on something and it bled really bad. We ended up heading towards Salmon to get some service and called the pediatric dentist here in IF. They told us to give him only soft food and set up an appointment for the next week. When we finally made it in the doctor told us that it was loose but that maybe it would re-set. He also told us that Asher had some cavities (oops! Poor kid has bad teeth genes) and that we needed to get them taken care of, and since he was so young they recommended having it done at a surgical center under anesthesia. I told them about his health problems but they assured me it would be fine. I just needed to have Dr. Judd send his history to the surgical center, and they set up the date for the first part of Nov. Fast forward to the Thursday before his scheduled date. The doctors office call me and tells me that they still haven't received his chart from Dr. Judd. So I call again, and get the same nurse I had talked to before. She tells me that she's been gone and doesn't know why no one sent it. She assures me she will fax it over right then. The next day I get a call from the surgical center telling that they will not do the procedure in their facility because of Asher's health concerns. Of course we have to wait until the Friday before (his procedure was on Monday) to find all this out. Ugh! But we finally get it re-scheduled for the hospital (which is where I told them it should be done, but they said the surgical center would be just as fine and the hospital). And besides few other glitches, we finally get his cavities filled! They did end up pulling the loose tooth, (the one that started all of this, if you can remember that far back!) because it never had re-set, and since it had been about two months since it was knocked loose they figured it wasn't going to.
 I'm not sure why this picture turned like this, but it won't upload the right way. This is him at his most recent appointment (a couple of weeks ago) and I'm glad to say NO CAVITIES!!! I'm also still trying to get a picture of his toothless mouth, but his not very cooperative. You might be able to kind of notice it in some pictures, or if you see him. It's on his bottom right.

No comments: