Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Money

So Asher has recently found that he has a container full of "money" (coins) in his room. One day out of the blue he asked for his money container and took a bunch of coins out and started carrying them around with him. I was getting tired of always being on money patrol so I showed him that he could put them in his jacket pocket. So then, for about a week, every time we went somewhere, Asher would load his jacket up with his monies. We felt so bad because we couldn't figure out what he wanted to do with his money. So the Saturday before Easter we were going to go get him some new summer shoes, and I told Jason that we had to go to the mall or somewhere with a vending machine because that was all I could figure out that he wanted to do with his money. So we went to Payless in the mall and got him some new shoes, then while Dad stood in the long line, Asher I went in search of a vending machine. He grabbed my hand and lead me all the way to the same vending machine as we went to on our Mini Date. As soon as we got there he stopped and started pulling out his money. After he had enough quarters, I picked him up and let him put the money in, and then he picked out which pop he wanted (Diet Pepsi) and then got it out and lead me to the seats where we opened the pop took a drink, and then went looking for Dad. He was so proud of himself and finally quit taking his money everywhere we went. I was just glad to finally know what it was that he wanted!

No comments: